The Tropoholic’s Guide to Internal Romance Tropes
NYT and USAT bestselling author and screenwriter, Cindy Dees, brings her formidable skills as a master storyteller and master writing teacher to this encyclopedic series analyzing the major tropes used in modern commercial fiction.
In this volume, Cindy explores 33 iconic internal romance tropes, the stories of personal affliction, wounds, fears, and personality traits that form obstacles to love inside the hearts and minds of your characters.
Written by a working writer for working writers, this is a comprehensive reference guide and brainstorming tool to help you quickly generate ideas, create characters and plot, revise and edit, brand and market your story. You’ll write faster, cleaner, and deliver your audience a story they’ll recognize and love.
If you’re writing a novel, script, play, comic, graphic novel, video game script, or any other story format, this book is for you. If you’re writing a love story specifically, or you’re writing any genre of fiction in which you’d like to include a romantic relationship, this book is for you.
Each trope entry includes:
- a detailed definition and analysis
- descriptions of all obligatory scenes necessary to structure this trope correctly
- lists of additional key scenes important to this trope
- an extensive list of questions to think about when writing this trope
- an extensive list of traps to avoid when writing this trope
- reasons why audiences love this trope
- a list of similar tropes
- a list of examples of each trope in action taken from television, film, and novels
Cynthia Dees Publishing
AVAILABLE FORMATS: eBook, Paperback